You have no items in your shopping cart.
BeroNet BNFOS Failover Switch
Beronet BNFOS Failover Switch
Disasters in a communication network are often very difficult to predict and there is usually a very small advance notice when a communication line goes down. bero*fos provides an effective way for dealing with such unexpected events by re-routing the lines to a back-up line when undesirable changes are detected. Therefore beroNet provides bero*fos, a solution device for Asterix Clustering and failover scenarios that requires a physical reconnection of analogue, BRI or PRI lines. Two failover scenarios, Failover and Bypass mode, are supported as described in figure 1 and figure 2:
The failover scenario grants the smooth and reliable operation of two PBXs side by side, where the second one will be switched to active only after the failure of the first one in order to reduce downtime to a minimum (see figure). This scenario is not only interesting in failure situations, it could also be used in cases of maintenance, repair or upgrade of your telecommunications equipment.
The bypass scenario is interesting for customers who want to keep their old telephone system and add new functionlalities by adding a new PBX in front of the old one (eg by an Asterisk system). With the bypass scenario you have the opportunity to add a new PBX between the PSTN Lines and the outgoing Lines of the old PBX system. In the case of a failover, the PSTN Lines will transparently reconnected to the existing old PBX (see figure).
Bero*fos provides two additional switchable powerports on the rear, which can be used to reboot the connected devices by remote control. All features and settings can easily be managed via a web browser. The Bero*fos can be accessed via Syslog and an API for custom applications
• 4 x 4 RJ45 ports to switch up to 4 BRI (8BRI with BN8S0 card) or 4 PRI interfaces
• All 8 pins of each RJ45 are switched
• Failover and bypass mode scenarios
• Fully controleable over TCP/IP or web interface with 10/100 Base Ethernet
• Onboard watchdog for automatic failover switching
• Onboard e-mail notification in failover cases
• Syslog output to control the device for individual customer applications
• Two switchable powerports on the rear for reboot purposes
• Version: 230V